Old 13-11-2012, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default John Humphreys

In article ,
Martin wrote:

Our prevailing wind mostly protects us from transfer of spores from
Denmark and the like, but once Spain has it we are in trouble. However,
since it is already here windborn transmission is secondary since like
with foot and mouth it will be road transport that moves them around!

Mostly is not good enough, and the incidence graphs indicate that
it did indeed arrive here on the easterlies.

Have you got a source for that?

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/chalara

Specifically the 'wider environment' dots - of course, their actual
distribution could be that those are the only areas surveyed, but
that seems unlikely.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.