Old 13-11-2012, 05:33 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.global-warming,rec.gardens,alt.bitterness
Tunderbar Tunderbar is offline

Default Then There Are Terpenes

On Nov 13, 11:22*am, Way Back Jack wrote:
Many plants, particularly conifers, emit abundant terpenes, especially in
hot weather. *When combined with pollution, terpenes radically increase
ozone to levels considered dangerous. *This is probably why Ronald Reagan
told the tree huggers that trees pollute.

I was a greenie, 1976-84, during which time I personally planted 1,000
trees. *Of course, this area at the time was exurbia, not urban, and now I
guess you'd call it somewhere between suburbia and exurbia, altho this
particular valley is still mostly agri. *I wonder how much my efforts have
contributed and will contribute to pollution. *Maybe should've left the
area remain as meadow.

The arrogance of man..... to think that they can plant a few trees and
gain enlightenment from it.