Old 13-11-2012, 03:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.legal,alt.home.lawn.garden
Danny D. Danny D. is offline

Default EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers(additional gas can rant)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:15:02 +0000, PeterD wrote:

NOTICE: Effective 01/01/2012, Blitz U.S.A. has discontinued the entire
Enviro-Flo line and has replaced it with the new Hand-E Flo spout
system.

Did they recall the existing ones?

I just wrote this to their feedback site with a recall header.
http://www.blitzusa.com/feedback.htm

I advise you do the same.

My Blitz 5-gallon gasoline cans keep breaking at the cap. The black round
ring at the top breaks but you can't see it because it's black on black!
Must be recalled! Bad design. Extremely dangerous! I've had gasoline all
over my trunk THREE TIMES (three different Blitz 5-gallon cans with the
idiotic Enviro-flow gas spout. You WILL be sued for this idiotically
designed spout. There WILL be deaths! I am making a copy of this post. A
normal and reasonable consumer has NO WAY of knowing that these (must be
recalled!) spouts are leaking until it is too late! Please advise as I
have a dozen of these portable gasoline containers. If I'm ever hurt - it
would be your fault because even though I know of the fault - it will
STILL LEAK unbeknownst to me because you can not SEE the leak on an empty
gasoline can. You can't see it on a filled gasoline can! It leaks in
transit - at the worst possible moment. It's CRIMINAL that this spout is
allowed to be left and you WILL CAUSE DEATH by inaction! Please advise.