Old 13-11-2012, 03:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.legal,alt.home.lawn.garden
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers (additional gas can rant)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:06:39 +0000 (UTC), AZ
wrote:

Q: If you know of a good source for the replacement CAP - please post!

These three videos covered most of my rants:

1. How to fix a Blitz gas can:

I never had the new cans because my old plastic cans are good.
Maybe just stay away from the new stuff. It looks to me like they're
dangerous. To hell with gov regs if they'll kill you.
This might interest some.
http://www.colemans.com/containers.htm

I like the 5-gal NATO and the NATO spout.
Could be a leaker when pouring, so it's a crap shoot.
You can probably find a lot of sources for gas can "substitutes,"
A can of red spray paint takes care of color.
Personally, I don't worry too much about can spouts, because I have a
good set of funnels, some equipped with long flexible spouts.
But you do get more fumes using a funnel.
And no good for gassing a car/trunk without improvising something or
having somebody hold the funnel.