Old 13-11-2012, 06:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.legal,alt.home.lawn.garden
Danny D. Danny D. is offline

Default EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers(additional gas can rant)

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:21:30 -0600, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

No-Spill Gas Can (5 gallon capacity)
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6543_200516543
Watch the demo video at the above link - looks pretty impressive.

Hmmmmmmmmm.... Thanks for the link. I do appreciate it.

Nearest store is a few states away (seems to be nothing west of the
Rockies) but mail order (you would think) would work.

Price is horrendous. $30 for a single gas can? Even here in expensive
California, it's in the low twenties.

Plus, it's "no-spill" which is the problem with the Blitz cans in that no-
spill means it leaks all over the place!

Here's a video on the no spill spills:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GIzG8NW40k

Here's a news reporter who asks her neighbor to pour a no spill.
Notice it spills all over the lawnmower!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_UMD...eature=related

In my own (undocumented) experience, no spill means it spills all over
the place. I spill gas more now than ever before. I'm forced to let it
evaporate into the atmosphere. I have no other choice.

Sometimes progress confuses me.