Old 13-11-2012, 07:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.legal,alt.home.lawn.garden
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers (additionalgas can rant)

On 11/13/2012 1:10 PM, Han wrote:
Moe DeLoughan wrote in
:

On 11/13/2012 9:06 AM, AZ wrote:

Here are my observations about the Blitz enviro-flow spout gas cans:

a. You need three hands to pour 5 gallons into a vehicle
(one alone to keep pressing the button - and two other hands to hold
the heavy five-gallon can at chest height since the button hand can
not possibly hold the can).

b. Even then, it takes a dozen minutes to empty the entire five
gallons due to the extremely low gasoline flow volume so you're
holding the five gallons of gas for a long time with those same three
hands and you can't switch position because of the button press (see
above).

So buy this one from Northern Tool:

No-Spill Gas Can (5 gallon capacity)

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...6543_200516543

Watch the demo video at the above link - looks pretty impressive.

If that is a 5 gallon can, I'm a mouse ...

I think they just gave the model a one-gallon can so she could deftly
maneuver it to fill the glasses. But it's the design of the dispenser
cap they're showing off, not the size of the container it is attached to.

I dunno. I thought I read here that the gov't no longer allows venting
gas cans, but most of the cans on the Northern Tool site either have a
separate vent, or the description mentions it as part of the dispenser
cap.

Gas cans have gone up ridiculously in price, but so have other
products molded from plastic. I can pay $21 for a sixteen-inch
diameter plastic pot, or $35 for the same size in glazed pottery.
Plastic storage bins I used to get for two bucks are now on sale for six.