Old 14-11-2012, 12:21 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.global-warming,rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Then There Are Terpenes

Way Back Jack said:

I was a greenie, 1976-84, during which time I personally planted 1,000
trees. Of course, this area at the time was exurbia, not urban, and now I
guess you'd call it somewhere between suburbia and exurbia, altho this
particular valley is still mostly agri. I wonder how much my efforts have
contributed and will contribute to pollution. Maybe should've left the
area remain as meadow.

I'd worry more that you contributed to the loss of meadow habitat. In one
park I used to visit a lot (before I moved here) the meadows were slowly
being swallowed up by woodlands. What happens to the bobolinks,
meadowlarks, and grasshopper sparrows then?

Some people are too fond of trees.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."