Old 14-11-2012, 08:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default Calling all gardeners in Aus...

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:27:41 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

"Jeßus" wrote in message
.. .
My poor Silver Birches have taken a real hammering from the little
*******s. It's so disheartening to see a birch tree grow so well, then
overnight the main stem is snapped clean off about 2 metres from the
top... I melted some lard yesterday and mixed some kero in it. I'm
going to smear it all over the birch tree's trunks in the hope it
deters them.

Interesting recipe :-)) Wonder if it'll work? I'm trying to deter rats
round my hen house ATM. I don't want to use poison so it's a watering can
of water down each hole once a day. I now know what the expression 'drowned
rat' means. I haven't quite managed to drown any yet but they sure hate
water in their holes and come up looking very saggy and most definitely 'Not
happy Jan!'. ******* things.

Yeah, I can't any kind of plastic around the chook pen as the rats eat
it... I've had a few rats and mice drown themselves in the water
bucket, which is great. I use rat traps with peanut butter, caged off
so only rats and mice can access it.