Old 14-11-2012, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Bird feeder

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:29:48 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

I hadn't thought of looking at RSPB.

Remember that the RSPB shop prices will be at a silly "premium" which
is why, though a member, I never buy from them. I suspect the amount
they actually get per sale isn't that much. The birds here would go
hungry if I still bought their bird food!

In the pre build-my-own days, I'd buy a bird table on feet or
something on a stand from a reasonably-priced place and simply use a
judiciously applied saw and/or chisel if needed plus a dab of paint or
preservative. The metal pole thing is still (after 20 years) doing
service in my sister's garden.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.