Old 15-11-2012, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Now that's rain

"Baz" wrote in message
David Hill wrote in news:agfgjtF8704U1
@mid.individual.net:

We though we had had some rain but this beats all.
"In Tuscany, 23 centimetres (9 inches) of rain fell in four hours,
causing the Ricortola and Parmignola rivers to flood, according to the
regional government".

Hard to imagine isn't it. Are they exaggerating?
We had 2" (50mm or 5cm)in 4 hours late last year and twice in winter this
year, it was absolutely unbelievable how much force that had. It was like
someone was beating the roof with sticks. It was like a living horror
movie.
I wouldn't want to be in Tuscany with all that rain! Ours was light
drizzle
compared to that lot.

Baz

Here in the Swansea valley, we've had no rain for two days . Come north
Dave - it's lovely :-)

Bill