Old 16-11-2012, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Now that's rain

On 15/11/2012 21:59, Bill Grey wrote:
"Baz" wrote in message
David Hill wrote in news:agfgjtF8704U1
@mid.individual.net:

We though we had had some rain but this beats all.
"In Tuscany, 23 centimetres (9 inches) of rain fell in four hours,
causing the Ricortola and Parmignola rivers to flood, according to the
regional government".

Hard to imagine isn't it. Are they exaggerating?
We had 2" (50mm or 5cm)in 4 hours late last year and twice in winter this
year, it was absolutely unbelievable how much force that had. It was like
someone was beating the roof with sticks. It was like a living horror
movie.
I wouldn't want to be in Tuscany with all that rain! Ours was light
drizzle
compared to that lot.

Baz

Here in the Swansea valley, we've had no rain for two days . Come north
Dave - it's lovely :-)

Bill

Over on the south side of the mountain we are also in drought Bill, but
the ground isn't drying, there is still water in footprints on the
field, lifting dahlias but they are not drying on the surface, and it is
like picking raisins out of rice pudding, boots carrying loads of mud as
I work.
Not fun.
David @ the rain free side of Swansea Bay