Old 17-11-2012, 10:00 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy[_4_] View Post
I have a number of over-sized beets. I hate to throw them out but they are
about a foot long and too big for pickles. These are giants that my good-hearted
brother gave me 'cause he didn't know what to do with them.

Any suggestions?
Hi Roy, hope I'm not too late and that youve not eaten them but Ive only just seen your post !! Here's an interesting idea. Cut them in half, hollow them out a bit and put a daffodil bulb inside and then plant them !!! In the spring, you'll have a lovely and very unusual display of red daffs that will amaze your friends ane neighbours Haaaaaaa!
regards, Lannerman.