Old 20-11-2012, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default it feels right of your flick

In message , writes
In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Shaney

Thanks for the reference; I knew that automated trolls existed,
but didn't know that history.

In this case it is link spam for a footwear product. The nonsense text
is an attempt to fool spam detection algorithms.

That puzzles me. Is it reader-specific and how does it work?
Now you point it out, and I can see what, but I can't think of
many people insane enough to want to follow the links in such
a thing. Of course, I regard most of the human race as insane,
especially when it comes to sending text messages on a numeric
keypad and other such abuses of hand-held computers.

The target audience isn't humans, but search engines. It's trying to get
Google et al to associate a keyword with a website.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley