Old 20-11-2012, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT sorry for those using Demon/turnpike

On 20/11/2012 21:35, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
writes
How so? TB can be made pretty similar to TP behaviour with a few tweaks.

The only thing I miss in TB cf TP is the ability to have wildcard rules.
In theory I have solved that with an addin but it never worked for me.

How do you get this group then martin and how did you get over all those
colours for the replies?

Subrscribed to the free text Teranews server for a one time fee of $5.

Do you mean the colour coded lines according to nesting depth of quote?
I quite like them and view it as an advantage of TB over TP ditto for
the ability to define rules and test them against the mailbase and for
that matter to define global kill rules across an entire newsserver as
well as per group. Spammers are much easier to zap on TB.

Several of the experts have described in detail how to make TP5 and TP6
work with appropriate shims on the new Demon mailserver config blow by
blow. I forget whether in d.i.s.tp or d.s

You should not have to do much to get it working. I can still post using
smtp using my old Turnpike but have never bothered to allow it to read
from the new server since it is now well past its use by date on Win7.
Sometimes it is handy to send stuff out from my older machine.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown