Old 20-11-2012, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default OT sorry for those using Demon/turnpike

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Martin Brown
writes
On 20/11/2012 12:11, Janet Tweedy wrote:
As the email is migrating this week does anyone know how to change the
settings on Turnpike? They giver out the method for other mailing
clients but don't mention their own software! If not my account is
doomed ...........

Go and look in demon.service for the threads about how to do it.
Or move to Thunderbird which is almost as good.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Yes tried Thunderbird Martin but not good for news groups like this
whereas Turnpike does everything seamlessly!
I have looked in demon service but it tells you all about migrating and
using most software packages just not their own!

As I still can't figure out how to migrate my websites on direct-nic
and have had to leave my websites untouched for about 6 months - using
my emails is also going down the tube by the look of it

The major problem is with Demons new mail service which changes mail
headers and in doing so destroys TPs folder routing rules.
Lots of info in both aforementioned newsgroups. Lot's of helpful people
in there too.
--
bert