Old 20-11-2012, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT sorry for those using Demon/turnpike

On 20/11/2012 22:25, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Martin Brown
writes
On 20/11/2012 12:11, Janet Tweedy wrote:
As the email is migrating this week does anyone know how to change the
settings on Turnpike? They giver out the method for other mailing
clients but don't mention their own software! If not my account is
doomed ...........

Go and look in demon.service for the threads about how to do it.
Or move to Thunderbird which is almost as good.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Yes tried Thunderbird Martin but not good for news groups like this
whereas Turnpike does everything seamlessly!
I have looked in demon service but it tells you all about migrating
and using most software packages just not their own!

I found out how to change stuff without too much trouble, but I forget
where.

If you go to Configure|Email transfer in the Turnpike menu, you can
add a mail server. The server name is mail.demon.co.uk, and the
mailbox name is . If you ask in
news:demon.service someone should be able to give you any more details
you require.

Oops. nezumi is Martin's domain, not Janet's. Sorry.

Replace nezumi which whatever is appropriate.

It is also very unhelpful to broadcast that particular email handle in
the clear on Usenet. I have redacted it in the above quote and would be
grateful if you would issue message cancels against the two posts you
have made that include my administrator email address in the clear.

I learnt a long time ago only to use sacrificial obfuscated and hardened
email addresses on Usenet after the great Swenfest of 2002 where I
clocked up 1GB/day of inbound hostile mail.

By the way, you should be able to continue using Turnpike for Usenet,
regardless of what you do for email.

As I still can't figure out how to migrate my websites on direct-nic
and have had to leave my websites untouched for about 6 months -
using my emails is also going down the tube by the look of it

Don't they have a help file explaining what they did to the new improved
servers? My lot do this periodically too. I am presently locked out of
one website where the password is awaiting sysop reset since it is
definitely not what I set it too any more.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown