Old 20-11-2012, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Lovely weather.

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message

On 2012-11-18 09:25:02 +0000, David Hill

said:

Dunno but it was flippin' freezing when I took the dog out ...

The wind here went from a northerly direction to south westerly.

Here in South Wales the sun is out , not a breath of wind and its 38f

We had a white lawn and glistening garden tables this morning but it's
a bright and sunny, cloudless day.

Same here in Suffolk, except we had a damp night. Unfortunately, I'm
*still* suffering with a nasty chest and can't, actually daren't, take
advantage and visit the lottie :-{

Oh, you poor thing I sympathise because I have chronic asthma and my
chest is always prone to that kind of thing.

I hope you have meds from your doc? Keep well wrapped up and warm!

Thank you Ophelia and Baz for your kind concern. So far I've had three
lots of antibiotics and two weeks off work. It's a lot better than it
was
but I'm still very breathless and wheezy when I try to do anything more
strenuous then walking on the flat. No doubt time will see it gone but
it's not pleasant and very limiting.

Has your doc given any thought to asthma? You are describing just what I
am
like when I need my inhaler which usually helps a lot. Just a thought ...

Interesting. Two friends have recently asked if I have asthma, one when I
was doing nothing more strenuous then sitting in a pub drinking coke! The
other has asthma so, like you, should know what she is talking about. Also,
Mum developed asthma in her 50's, but she was a smoker. If it hasn't
cleared up by Christmas, I'll go badger the Doc about it.

--
Kathy