Old 21-11-2012, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Lovely weather.

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:51:27 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

Two friends have recently asked if I have asthma, one when I
was doing nothing more strenuous then sitting in a pub drinking coke!
The other has asthma so, like you, should know what she is talking
about. Also, Mum developed asthma in her 50's, but she was a smoker.
If it hasn't cleared up by Christmas, I'll go badger the Doc about it.

Kathy ... asthma is a serious illness from which people die!!!

You might like to think about it sooner ...??? Please listen to your
friends!

+1

Three courses of (different?) antibiotics and it's not been knocked on
the head what is your GP playing at?

Yes three different lots. To be fair, there was a month between the first
lot and the next two. Unfortunatly our practice is so busy that I saw three
different doctors :-{

I'd have expected a sample of sputum
to have been taken after the first lot failed so they could find out what
was giving you jip and prescribe an antibiotic that it isn't resistant
to. Three lots is bad parctice as far as antibiotics are concerned, it's
just asking for the bacteria to evolve resistance.

One is also assuming that the entire course of antibiotics has been taken
every time and not stopped when you start to feel a bit better. The full
course should enusre there are no surviving bacteria that might be
devloping resistance.

Yes, all three courses finished, even the last lot which looked, and tasted,
like something your average horse would have thought twice about swallowing.

--
Kathy