Old 21-11-2012, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Some birds in the garden now.

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2012-11-21 12:33:10 +0000, said:

Baz wrote:
Can we make our own fatballs? and if so how?
If we don't hang them under a "bell" the gulls have them away so
they have to be able to hang and not drop off.

THe boys have made these at beavers/cubs using lard + bird seeds,
which they melt or squish into an old yoghurt/rice pot with string
through the bottom to loop and hang up. All very bluepeter.

However, the birds do /not/ appear to like them. (The milage of your
birds may vary)

See my post to Baz. They don't like lard. We tried that a couple of
years ago!

Sacha, I don't see that post.
Baz