Old 21-11-2012, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Philipp Chapkovski Philipp Chapkovski is offline

Default what is the name of the tree

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:57:25 PM UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Philipp Chapkovski" wrote

I have seen this tree in a garden in Toscana, Italy, but do not know the

name of the tree. Here is the photo of the cone - which is rather unusual.

Does somebody know the name of the tree?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fpa8d4etp...%20%283%29.JPG

Something is saying Rhododendron seed capsule to me. Which Rhodo I have no

idea.

--

Regards. Bob Hobden.

Thank you, everybody! As they answered me in another group, it is a seed capsule of a southern magnolia (M.Grandiflora)