Old 21-11-2012, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Build a cold-storage unit at home (basement)

enchanté wrote:
Hello,

It was a dream to my to have one.

Thsi is my cold storage unit. To conserve my vegetables from my
garden.

Pictures of my project:

'Construire une chambre froide au sous-sol, How to build a
cold-storage unit in basement' (http://tinyurl.com/ara4g7j)

More easy that i think

I don't read French so I could have this wrong but from the pictures you
seem to have built a nice storage room in a basement. Since the work is
essentially construction of built-in shelving I can see that it is not too
difficult. It doesn't seem to have any insulation or refrigeration so in
what way is it a cold storage unit? What is the temperature in your
basement during summer?

David