Old 21-11-2012, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Kate is offline

Default Clematis newbie advice

Pam Moo

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:05:32 +0000 (UTC), Kate
wrote:

For something like C flammula where it says the eventual height is 4
metres, which I think is about 10' or more, I guess I would then train
it along the wires every year to stop it going over the fence?

In my experience clematis flammula is boring and would be very low on my
list of choices.

That's a shame

The white flowers and strong scented sound really lovely.

What would you recommend instead for late flowering?