Old 21-11-2012, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default Yet more proposed regulation - chickens this time

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2012-11-21 21:36:00 +0000, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
snip
Tina, I know you are an authority on chickens. Would you consider
writing
up all the important points that a newby would need to know to start?
I would love to have that!!

First buy a 6 x 4 shed and not an Omlet stupid thing for hundreds.
Second don't think you don't have foxes - you do.
If you are thinking of starting with chickens yourself just mail me if you
need advice.
No, I wouldn't write up the important points, those are freely available in
magazines and the internet.
It's up to the person who decides to keep hens to do their research before
they get them.
You are asking me to make it easy. I won't.
Tina

Nobody is asking you to make it easy, imo. This is a group to which
people come for help and advice and you're refusing to give it here.
You are very hard, always, on people who want to keep a few hens so why
not help them to do it properly - as you see it? If we didn't already
have our dozen chooks and were looking to start with a few, I'd think
your reply was intended to stop others doing what you enjoy and at
which you like to appear to excel. That's not what any of us who
garden do here, so why do you feel it right to do that to others who
wish to keep hens? Ophelia's was a civil request for assistance from
you who talk quite a lot about how others don't get it right but now
refuse to tell them how they *should* get it right. Bit smug and
unkind both to would-be chicken owners and the chickens who won't now
benefit from your personal belief in your own 'expertise'. You seem to
spend a lot of time telling people how much you know about something
and then treating them as idiots. As a result, there is little point in
reading your posts in future, so I won't bother.

Net nanny rides again.
--
bert