Old 22-11-2012, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weed Contol Fabric

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 22/11/2012 13:11, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , David Hill
writes
I fail to see what weed control fabric has to do with making clothes.
before machine made synthetic fabric there was no weed control fabric
used.
Prior to mechanical looms to make fabric people used hand looms.

Ah but wasn't the inventor Sir Walter Raleigh whose cloak was left on
the ground after old Bess trod on it and thereby clearing that patch
from weeds for sometime?

I can't comment as I cant remember back that far.

If John Aubrey was right, it was probably laid on the ground for
a much less proper purpose :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.