Old 23-11-2012, 10:19 AM
dazmaster101 dazmaster101 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge[_2_] View Post
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:19:44 +0100, Rusty Hinge wrote:

Just join the bottoms of the two butts ...

Another snag with fitting tank connectors at the bottom of a butt is
having access to both sides at the same time to hold the connector
inside and screw the nut on the outside if the butt is more than a
couple of feet deep. I managed it for our 4' deep butt when replacing
the crappy, broken, plastic tap, with a 15mm full bore 1/4 turn valve
and proper plumbing bits but it was "fun".

I'll bet! I've a little helper to drop in - he's good with mechanical
things...

But expensive.

--
Rusty
Hi there, I know that this is an old post but I was reading this and thought that I mite be able to help as I had a similar problem my self.

I didn't have enough space to have a water but at our new house as the only accessible drainpipe was in a tight position. I love saving water and was disheartened that I wouldn't be able to use my water butts from my old house.

I was searching the web and came across this website:

Move Water Butt - Link Water Butts - Hide Water Butt

The product is called hydrobutt. It is very slim and connects to the drainpipe then you use hosepipe from the hydrobutt to the water butt, the water butt can go anywhere you want in the garden.

So for your case, you can connect a hydro butt to your green house then have your water butts where you like, you can then link lots of waterbutts together as we'll. you can drain the water from the hydro butt or water butts.

Just an idea, Darren