Old 23-11-2012, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Gardening talks

mogga wrote in
:

For those of you who belong to gardening groups - where do you find
people to give talks?
And what talks have you had that were good?
(Or bad!)

I do think someone to give a talk on all the things you can grow over
winter might be nice.

I have in the past attended evening classes run by the council at schools
and colleges. They are good fun also. The courses are as long or as short
as you need them, depending how deep into the chosen subject you want to
go. The shorter courses of 1 or 2 sessions are really just talks.
You can 'phone your local council and ask about adult learning and they
will send you a leaflet with available courses.
The short courses I have been to, have lead me to some fantastic people who
share my passions.

Baz