Old 23-11-2012, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Gardening talks

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:40:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Sorry to follow up my own post but I've just remembered that earlier
this year, Ray and two others were asked to be 'the panel' on a sort of
GQT in aid of charity. All invited paid £10 per ticket and had a glass
of wine and some nibbles (which were donated, I think) and all who
wanted to ask a question were asked to write them down and send them
in, in advance which is what happens on the real GQT, I think. Anyhow,
it was fun, gave a lot of people innocent amusement and serious
information and raised over £1k by the time ticket money and raffle
money were put together. Just a thought for Mogga or anyone else who's
thinking of a gardening-themed event for like-minded people.

Oo that sounds fun!

Thanks!

Am now racking my brains trying to think what stately homes we have
nearby in Chadderton.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk