Old 24-11-2012, 02:00 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
Can anyone recommend a bird feeder on a metal pole which sticks into
the soil. I have seen one in a garden which looks good. I have seen
one on the internet which is made by Gardman but I cannot work out
whether it needs a base or whether it goes into the soil.
Any advice please?

Pam in Bristol
CJ birdfood do a good range. Not cheap, but the different bits fit together well with a lot of interchangeability, and the metal ones are robust (perches tend to crack on the plastic models.

CJ WildBird Foods - Bird Feeders

I think is what you want - a feeder on a pole. You can add squirrel baffles to the mix, get a device that fits in the top to allow you to hang two or more feeders, extensions for the pole if you want it higher, etc.