Old 24-11-2012, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Yet more proposed regulation - chickens this time

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

Dogs are quite happy on a correct vegetarian diet.
My cousin feeds her dog (and fed the previous ones) on a mixture of raw
vegetables and a vegetarian dry dogfood.
Healthy, happy, very fit dogs.
It is unusual to see a dog regard a broccoli stalk as a treat though :-)

Offer them some meat versus the veggie diet and see what they prefer! In
the same way that I would not force meat on a pet rabbit because I eat
meat myself, I wouldn't force vegetarian preferences on my dogs. I
actually think this is bordering on cruelty.

For God's sake get a life.
Or at least a slightly more balanced view - cruelty to animals???

Perhaps instead you should approach the RSPCA and encourage them to
prosecute
http://www.veggiepets.com/acatalog/v...formation.html
who say
"Yes, dogs have no problem being vegetarian. Dogs do not have to rely on
eating meat as they can find all the nutrition that they require from
non-animal sources.

There are thousands of healthy dogs living on vegetarian diets without any
problems. Happidog, the first vegetarian dog food in the UK, is celebrating
its 25th anniversary and is going strong with more vegetarian dogs than
ever!

In fact, some health problems can be alleviated by cutting out meat.
Vegetarian diets are well known for relieving arthritis, skin and fur
problems and obesity in dogs.

Our selection of vegetarian dog foods are well balanced and nutritious,
supplying all of the essential nutrition your dog needs. High in protein,
low in fat without artificial flavourings or colourings."

Obviously these are evil people who are promoting willful cruelty towards
dogs and should be pursued by all right minded people.

Looking forward to your positive action.

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)