Old 24-11-2012, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yet more proposed regulation - chickens this time

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Interesting, Nick and thank you. On the same lines, a friend of mine,
who was vegetarian for 15 years, had to start eating meat because his
stomach acids were destroying his own stomach lining! Again, his doc
told him that we are intended to be omnivorous for this reason. But
the key here, surely, is that we're talking *omnivorous* for dogs, not
purely vegetarian, so perhaps Tina and Dave's views meet somewhere in
the middle.

Probably, though I have serious difficulty in believing that diagnosis!
Humans have no trouble with an almost entirely vegetarian diet, except
that we need enough animal matter in it (whether caterpillars, meat,
eggs or fish) to avoid anaemia (mainly vitamin B12, but to some extent
iron). A far more likely cause is Helicobacter pylori - and, if the
diagnosis was more than a decade or so ago, that was still largely
unrecognised by the medical profession.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.