Old 25-11-2012, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Gardening talks

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 10:38:20 +0000, kay
wrote:

mogga;973403 Wrote:
For those of you who belong to gardening groups - where do you find
people to give talks?
And what talks have you had that were good?
(Or bad!)

I do think someone to give a talk on all the things you can grow over
winter might be nice.
--
'Voucher Freebies - The latest discounts, vouchers and free stuff you
can claim online' (http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk)

Not exactly what you're asking, but would be interesting to a gardening
group - Plantlife Charity looks after wild flowers both here and also
linking with similar groups in Europe. They used to send speakers to do
a very interesting presentation on wild flowers, the problems they face,
their uses, successes in bringing species "back from the brink" and so
on. They had speakers in most areas of the country and covered travel
expenses themselves. I did a number of presentations round my area and
they were very well received - ask them if they still do this

'Plantlife' (http://www.plantlife.org.uk/)

Thanks!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk