Old 24-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Michael Berridge

Default Cats and Rabies

Charlie wrote in message ...
Well, we had to have all ours done (two dogs and a cat) before they

were 12
weeks old. Maybe things have changed recently.

Charlie.

Having bred and shown pedigree dogs I can say, for certain, that neither
of these breeds are vaccinated against rabies, pedigree or not, Dogs are
vaccinated against distemper, hard pad and parvovirus. Cats against
feline flu and feline leukaemia, Dogs and cats being taken abroad for
shows have to have a rabies vaccination certificate before they are
allowed back into this country, and that must show that they were
vaccinated before they left the UK. Animals can be brought over here to
be shown, and they must also have been vaccinated before they enter the
country, but that does NOT have to be done before 12 weeks, just a
certain number of weeks before they travel, in fact it would be stupid
to do it unless they were going to travel as it is an expensive job, and
is only done for people moving to the UK, or bringing high quality
animals across for shows.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk