Old 26-11-2012, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Bird feeder

In article , kay
writes
CJ birdfood do a good range. Not cheap, but the different bits fit

together well with a lot of interchangeability, and the metal ones are

robust (perches tend to crack on the plastic models.

'CJ WildBird Foods - Bird Feeders' (http://tinyurl.com/cvpx39d)

I think is what you want - a feeder on a pole. You can add squirrel

baffles to the mix, get a device that fits in the top to allow you to

hang two or more feeders, extensions for the pole if you want it higher,

etc.

I have, over the years Kay, bought four from CJ and whilst their food is
brilliant their bird feeders stands need a bit of tweaking. What happens
is that the pole gets water inside whatever you do and then when it
freezes it starts to push up the connections (even though there is a
hole at the bottom of the pole) and in the end the whole shooting match
bursts off the bottom pole one night and takes all the bird feeders etc.
with it!!

Now i buy CJ feeders and food but got a simple 'gardman' something or
other which is just a plain pole in the ground rather than the spokes
etc., which anyway were a fiddle to mow round.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph