Old 24-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Vox Humana

Default How to the pros create such nice edges in their beds?

"animaux" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:28:39 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:40:59 -0500, Kevin Miller
wrote:

How to the pros create such nice edges in their beds?

There are many ways. I use a weedeater turned so the string vertical
and walk backwards slowly. With a little practice you'll get
professional and sharp edge. No special edging equipment needed. (I
leaned this technique from an experienced Mexican gardener in LA.)

I used to do this till a rock came up and beaned me. I still have the

knot ten
years later. I strongly suggest wearing some sort of eye protection when

doing
it this way. It missed my eye by an inch.

Pros have edging machines to do the job. I do it with a sod lifter

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=10523&categor
y=2,42578,40769

It probably isn't intended for edging, but it works great and also serves
its original purpose of lifting sod from areas that you want to cultivate.