Old 27-11-2012, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It's bit floody

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Down in the village but not up here. How is it where you are everyone?
I hope you are all safe.

Tis a bit wet here! the river Carnon runs through our village, normally its
causes some amusement that its a "River" as you can step across it!
yesterday it had risen over all the bridges across it and the dog was not
keen to go across as he couldn't see the bridge, so I went first and the
water was nearly over my wellies. No big deal as there are no flooded homes
or damage but I find its incredible that a small stream normally 2" deep at
most is running at over 4' its not the first time we have had wet weather
in the 30 years we have lived here but it is the first time I have seen the
water over the bridges.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs