Old 27-11-2012, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default It's bit floody

On 27/11/2012 10:43, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Down in the village but not up here. How is it where you are everyone?
I hope you are all safe.

Tis a bit wet here! the river Carnon runs through our village, normally
its causes some amusement that its a "River" as you can step across it!
yesterday it had risen over all the bridges across it and the dog was
not keen to go across as he couldn't see the bridge, so I went first and
the water was nearly over my wellies. No big deal as there are no
flooded homes or damage but I find its incredible that a small stream
normally 2" deep at most is running at over 4' its not the first time
we have had wet weather in the 30 years we have lived here but it is the
first time I have seen the water over the bridges.

The alarming thing is that fast moving water halfway up your wellies can
take you with it!