Old 28-11-2012, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default OT sorry for those using Demon/turnpike - now also thoughts on Windows 8

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 bert wrote:

The next problem, of course, is getting Turnpike to work with Windows
8. In case anyone is worrying about this I can say that Turnpike works
perfectly with Win8 32-bit; no need for a virtual box as there was
with Windows 7.

No No No. TP runs OK on W7 32 bit.

Ah, good!

However, if you're running, or wanting to run, the 64-bit version of
Win8 then you will need a virtual box to run Turnpike, but this is not
a big deal. I downloaded and installed the Oracle VM Virtual Box
(which is free) with no problem at all, installed Windows XP in that
and then Turnpike. And that works perfectly.

W8 64 bit comes with its own virtual box which will run XP

Yes, it's called Hyper-V. But you can use it only if your chipset
supports Second Level Address Translation. Mine doesn't even though it's
only a year or so old, which is why I had to resort to the Oracle
Virtual Box.

David

http://rance.org.uk