Old 28-11-2012, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default the world is coming to an end on 21st Dec.. 2012!!

On 28/11/2012 19:59, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
writes
Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the local
mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

And how on earth did the Mayans know about the Pyrenees then?

I dunno. Someone posted this claim on the Internet and it is apparently
now widely believed in the world of credulous nutters.

Jocelyn Bell-Burnell gave a Royal Society talk bemoaning the increase in
nutty doomsday cults - she was being asked this question a lot! and
assessing the relative risks of the various real EOTWAWKI scenarios.

Mainly it is making the point about the difficulty in communicating real
science to the public without getting shock horror scare stories.

http://royalsociety.org/events/2011/end-world/

I have decided on balance that this time we should aim to let as many
credulous nutters as possible part with all their worldly goods...

Regards,
Martin Brown