Old 24-04-2003, 01:56 AM

Default Cub Cadet at Lowes

Hi,

Some advice: Whichever one you get, the one thing I for specifically is a
Full pressure Oil system.
The non-pressurized system's rely on the splash of the crank to lube the
engine -- I feel they don't get enough lubrication.
You'll get better life out of the engine that is fully pressurized.

This also means more cost -- but it is well worth it.

dB

"BRN" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have been looking into buying a lawn or garden tractor. I have looked

at
most of the major brands (J.D., Simplicity, Toro) as well as some of the

off
brands or cheap brands (Sears, Murray, etc). Lowes (no H.D in our area)

now
sells Cub Cadet lawn and garden tractors. My understanding is that at

least
in the past, this used to be a good, solid brand with decent reliability.

know that the brand is now manufactured by MTD, but was wondering what the
longevity and reliability of these lawn tractors is now? They seem to be

price point lower than the premium brands, but a bit more expensive than

the
cheapest brands.

Additionally, has anyone bought such a large purchase from Lowes? The say
they "service what they sell". Anyone have experience with Lowes repair
service? Do they just farm out the service to local repair shops?

Thank in advance.

Bart