Old 29-11-2012, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default the world is coming to an end on 21st Dec.. 2012!!

"David Hill" wrote in message

I don't think advertisers have realised that sometimes people can be so
irritated by repetitive showing of an ad that it can put them off the
product through sheer annoyance! I mean - how many cheap sofas does
anyone need?! The other interesting thing, my brother told me a long
time ago, is that having someone very famous in an ad can actually
detract from the product because all the public remember is the actor.
He created the now long-ago ad for WH Smith in which Nicholas Lyndhurst
played every member of a family and that was hugely successful because
it was funny but also because of the attention-holding novelty of 1 well
known person seen in many guises. If an ad is like a little playlet, it
holds the attention. The awful droning on ads that relentlessly push
have a negative effect, imo.

Who doesn't remember Oxo Katie?
Well discounting the youngsters.

Yes I remember Katie, but who can remember the adverts which ended with "We
want to be together"? AND, which company?

Mike