Old 30-11-2012, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default How to plant palm seeds?

I have a couple dozen pecan-sized palm tree seeds I picked up a couple
of weeks ago in Florida from the ground under a cluster of small tree-
sized (very large bush-sized) palm trees. I would like to see if they
will grow. What's the best thing to do to start these growing. The
seeds have an outer covering that was green, is now drying out. This
covering is over the internal hard core, like the outer husk on a
coconut over the core coconut, only much smaller. of course.