Old 30-11-2012, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Best time of year to visit Kew gardens?

On 30/11/2012 17:29, Broadback wrote:
As the New Year is about to begin what is the best time to visit Kew? Or
any other botanical gardens, e.g. Birmingham come to that.

Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.

It is such a huge and varied place, it is better to visit it several
times a year to see different things. It is lovely in Spring with many
bulbs in bloom. If you appreciate Rhodies and other acid-lovers, then
May/June would be a good time. I've never seen it with Autumn colours,
but I imagine that would be great. It depends on your particular
interest. I would love to go during their orchid event.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London