Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default Calling all gardeners in Aus...

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 18:16:08 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

Here in the West I have about four decent weekends in which to accomplish
everything, in my case too early and the hayfever gets to me and too late
and the heat makes it very uncomfortable.

Oh boy, I know all about that.
I moved to my current abode about 4.5 years ago, no dramas until this
time last year... I got hayfever really bad and I just couldnt face
doing much work outdoors... the veggie patch in particular suffered as
a result. Got the hayfever yet again this year, so far not as bad as
last year and I can still do work around the property most of the
time. Getting some tests done at the moment so it'll be interesting to
see what the culprit is in my case.

I have been out and about planted
a dozen tomatoes from cherries to beef steak first time this year I have
planted out capsicums and chillies and I have a plot of spuds from some
volunteers in the pantry and a couple of rows of beetroots.

My question is, I buy packets of seeds and read the backs for planting
instructions and I can't help but notice that no matter where one lives in
Australia the seeds get planted at the same time of year.

Yes, it's a load of ********