Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim west Tim west is offline

Default request to identify this plant

In message , jim west
writes
Was given a couple of these plants recently without the chance to find out
what they were or how to look after them.

They were placed in water in a vase when given to me. I've now put one in
pot with soil and kept the other in water in case i'm doing the wrong
thing.

Grateful for any identification. See tiny pic website for photo

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ajynnr&s=6

Any any advice on how to care for them. Thanks.

As you've probably noticed you're defeating the collective wisdom of the
group.

So, could you provide more information.

Since you indicate that you've seen it, what does the below ground portion
of the plant look like? Is a bulb? a tuber? a bundle of roots?

What does the flower look like from the front? How many tepals? How many
stamens? How many styles and stigmas?

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks for all your efforts. I'm now nervous about keeping this plant in my
care in case i do the wrong thing looking after it and have now handed it to
my cousin since she is really good with plants and will sense more than
anything on what action to take.

Here is a tinypic photo showing the roots. Hope this helps. Thanks.

http://tinypic.com/r/w9vdya/6