Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Rubbish bag support

"Spider" wrote in message
On 01/12/2012 22:03, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 11:52, Broadback wrote:
I am sure I have seen simple light items designed to hold rubbish bags
upright and open, what the dickens are they called? I have tried Google
searches with all the names I can think of, but not got the right one.

I appreciate this is not what you asked for, but I have at least 6 of
these and find them very useful. I buy them more cheaply than shown in
the link (watch out for Lidl garden sales) and they last reasonably
well. They are light but tough, stand open while you fill them and
collapse for storage. I wouldn't be without them. I have even grown
potatoes in the older ones as, by then, they have a few drainage holes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-Spring...4398632&sr=1-4

Oh! We have two of those!!!! We use them for all kinds of things)

Yes, they're very good in the garden. I even use spare ones for plant
protection at this time of year when I need fewer for garden waste. Our
council, to my relief, seems happy to empty any number of them in the
summer. I have been known to have all six full of waste by collection
day.

Never tried to do that with ours but we don't seem to have the
problems I read about with other councils.
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/