Old 02-12-2012, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default the world is coming to an end on 21st Dec.. 2012!!

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:02:56 GMT, Baz wrote:

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote in
:

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 12:56:13 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's the last post for ALL newspapers, as we know them. Soon all be web
based?

Many people, including me, prefer to read newspapers. Because of their
size newspapers get away with mixing items on a page that even adverts
survive. There's no way that I would stay on a web page that forced
adverts on me.

Steve

Give it a few years and the adverts will disappear, or give the reader an
option not to see them. It HAS to come. Ultimatly the newspaper will die
anyway, I think in one generation. The technology is so advanced, and
getting more advanced by the day.

Baz

I use Chrome with the AdBlock extension so I already have the option
to not show adverts. Unfortunately a lot of web pages cannot be viewed
until an advert is watched. That is the type of web page I leave
without viewing. I'm the same with TV. I don't watch anything that
tries to force adverts on me!

Steve