Old 03-12-2012, 02:57 AM
solar flick solar flick is offline
Registered User

Default Starting again after THRIPS and tomato spotted wilt

So, I've just discovered a major infestation of THRIPS has taken over my tomatoes, chillis, and bell peppers, and I've now got 30-odd very poorly plants. Tomato spotted wilt virus has ravaged my small crop - just as they were flowering and fruiting.

Gutted.

I've begun the sad task of throwing out all my plants.

I basically need to know what to do now?

Do I throw away the soil and get new? (I have containers).
Will new containers in the same location get a re-infestation?
Should I take some measures to prevent a future crop from being infested too?

Any practical advice, please.