Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Roy[_4_] Roy[_4_] is offline

Default Starting again after THRIPS and tomato spotted wilt

On Sunday, December 2, 2012 7:57:00 PM UTC-7, solar flick wrote:
So, I've just discovered a major infestation of THRIPS has taken over my

tomatoes, chillis, and bell peppers, and I've now got 30-odd very poorly

plants. Tomato spotted wilt virus has ravaged my small crop - just as

they were flowering and fruiting.

Gutted.

I've begun the sad task of throwing out all my plants.

I basically need to know what to do now?

Do I throw away the soil and get new? (I have containers).

Will new containers in the same location get a re-infestation?

Should I take some measures to prevent a future crop from being infested

too?

Any practical advice, please.

solar flick

A fairly comprehensive fact sheet for control can be found he

http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/cropprot/thrips.pdf

Good luck...you're going to need it.