Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Best gardening clothes

"Spider" wrote

Very smart! :~). I confess if I have a problem with them, it's the waxing.
I've seen some hideous waxed garments :~(. I'd also be very concerned
about re-waxing them *and* what all that would do to my washer/dryer. Do
you have any problems with that?

It's easy to re-wax a jacket. Hang it up, smear on the wax lightly and rub
in as much as possible especially into the creases and seams, use a
hairdryer on hot and go all over the garment melting the wax into the cloth.
Let hang for a while to cool and wipe off any over done bits with kitchen
towel. Always worked a treat on my Barbours. They look more lived in once
re-waxed. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.