Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Best gardening clothes

On 04/12/2012 19:09, rbel wrote:
On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 22:40:05 +0000 (GMT), wrote:

I am a traditionalist, and my gardening clothes are my oldest
ex-working clothes that are still legal to wear in public!

Absolutely. Elderly cords and a somewhat disreputable fleece given me
many years ago when working with an agency associated with what was
then MAFF. It has an unfortunate multi-coloured logo but thankfully
nobody seems to have worked out what it refers to. Bottomed off by my
tatty but splendid Argyle 3/4 wellies.

I don't understand the references to waterproof gardening kit, a
totally alien concept which implies that one should work in the garden
when it is raining.
--
rbel

If you live in a high rainfall area then you don't always have the
luxury of only working in the dry.
Today I was lifting some of my tree dahlias when we had a 30 burst of
rain and hail, no choice but to work on through it.
David @ the wet and muddy end of Swansea Bay